Thursday, July 1, 2010

DC Day 9

Today was a travel day from NJ back to DC. I must say that I am amazed at the traffic in this one small space on the map. We drove across 3 states and into a city that, relatively, is just a small blip on the map of our Earth. There are so many people crammed into this one small speck: rich, poor, some speaking English, others not knowing a word, all the different cultures, etc. It is really a concept that is beyond the grasp of my mind.

I tried to get my pictures to download from my fraking phone. (yes, I am a BSG fan.) I couldn't get my computer to recognize my phone. So no pics tonight. But nothing really exciting happened. No cheese steak sandwich (please don't be a dork in this part of the country and mistakenly call it a PHILLY cheesesteak. Its just a cheese steak here.) I didn't get to see the Liberty bell today, see the Rocky statue or run the stairs of the museum. It was a hurried mad rush to get back to DC before a certain telcon was supposed to happen.

But on the up side, I finished my book. The Memory Keeper's Daughter. I highly recommend it. And yes, I did get a little teary in a couple of spots.

On a totally unrelated DC note, I have a new email address for my school. woo hoo. Now I have to decide whether to tell them full or part-time. ARGH! I'm torn. I have to get that off in the mail tomorrow. The first semester is 9 vs 12 hours. Not a huge difference.

Anyway. Its already day 10. Its really late. Stayed way too late with Steve at Gordon Biersch or GB's. The bartender loves me so much already, I am the proud owner of a new GB hat! I think I was supposed to drink 50 or 75 beers to get the privilege of owning a GB hat. Its a good thing I'm such a good people person! I've only had 4 or 6 since I've been here, but who's counting, right? =0)

It is the 4th of July weekend so I'm thinking our Nation's capital will be crazy tomorrow. I'll see what fun thing I can find to explore tomorrow and hopefully my camera and computer will sync.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment