Friday, July 9, 2010

DC day 17






What a great day! Started at the gym. Due to a teeny medical thingy I have been riding the bike for the past couple days. I do have some saddle soreness. But I was able to last for 25 minutes today.

Then it wasoffto the E street Cinema AGAIN. Today it was the second in the Millennium trilogy - The Girl who Played With Fire.

The temperature wasn't as bad outside as it has been. But YOUCH it was humid.




We started walking. We found the Ronald Reagan (Federal Triangle Metro Stop) in the day time. It was so beautiful during the day, but in a different way.


This is a picture of the cobblestone walkway I mentioned in an earlier blog. You can see the lamps. They are without a doubt oversized. At least what we are used to seeing.


Its so beautiful in this area. The buildings are built in a circular pattern so when you look up toward the roof tops, it makes me dizzy.


They have open seating restaurants, bands that play after dark and as I said before, fairy lights in the trees. OHSO beautiful. (evidently, I say OHMYGOSH way too often. But in my defense this is pretty much an OHMYGOSH kinda city and I am an OHMYGOSH kinda girl.)

This is the one of my favorite buildings The facade of the building is (OHMYGOSH) incredible. I will take my camera (not my iPhone camera) so I can show the detail.It is the Archive building. You could stare at it for hours. It IS a work of art



.
If you are facing the Archives and turn 180 degrees, you are looking down the street on which I Live. Am I living the life, or WHAT???? This is my street!

Then we kept walking. There is a cute little place called the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden. I will make a day of going there and talking pictures of the art that is there. I, however, could not resist taking the following picture. This is SO funny on SO many levels. Please, anyone, let me know what you think!!!


And if you cant read the sign it says "Do Not Enter!"

No comments:

Post a Comment