Wednesday, July 7, 2010

DC day 15

Today wasn't as hot as they predicted. The high temperature today was only 100, not 103. Having been stuck in the apt all day yesterday, I couldn't do that again today. I got up and tried to work on my school stuff. $3200 dollars and change and I still have to buy books. I'm feeling overwhelmed.

Anyway....after working on my stuff for school, I met Randy for lunch. We went to the most wonderful sandwich shop. I was able to order EXACTLY what I wanted. Even down to the bread. They even gave me the side I wanted. It was a little place several blocks south of the mall. If you ever get a chance you should go there. Its called Subway. It was really great.

After lunch I jumped on the Metro and went to Pentagon City. I don't want anyone to confuse the Pentagon City stop with the Metro stop for the Pentagon. They are two different stops. I needed to go shopping and there is a FOUR STORY, yes, four story mall. J. Crew, Nordstrom, Vicky's secret,Coach, and (wait for it) Bath and Body!! YES!! My favorite scent: Sensual Amber . It was buy 2 get one free and you could buy these cute little hand sanitizer bottles 5 for $5! So I did! woo hoo. Then off to Vicky's and a new pretty couple of things. Then to Express for a new dress. If you know me at all, you know how much I HATE shopping.

Then I got on the train that takes the long way home. That was ok, b/c I had no where else to be. But, I was proud of myself because I was able to navigate the Metro system all by myself and make it home all by myself. (well, there IS an iPhone app for that, that was helpful)

So, it was off to the gym and to running. I'm not sure that my nike +iPod thingy works well on the treadmill. I ran at a faster pace yesterday and the thingy said I ran slower. Whatever.

Then blackened red snapper for dinner. Red Snapper bought at (wait for it) Eastern Market.

Tomorrow its supposed to be cooler. Only 95! However, the humidity is supposed to be higher so we'll see...it may feel hotter. Since its Thursday, the farmer's market will be on 8th street so I will go spend more money. Then it will be on to GB tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment