Saturday, July 3, 2010




Today is my favorite day, Saturday! Today is Eastern Market day! In DC everyone is green when it comes to shopping bags. (Or maybe its b/c store's charge 5 cents a piece) I have the cutest backpack that I now carry to that makes me a true DC'er.

So a bonus of going to the Farmers Market is BRUNCH!!! There are so many cute little sidewalk cafes over there that have a lot of French words on their menus. My Pesto, parmesan and basil (redundant) egg white omelet, And today was a first for me. I had salad for breakfast. Huh! Who knew you could have salad for breakfast?





Here is the view from the sidewalk cafe.

Then off to the Farmer's market we went. We bought some lovely fruit, vegetables, and some gorgeous tuna steaks among other things. I also found a perfect little bag that will carry my phone, my $300 Gucci duct tape wallet (let me know if you want one, I can get them cheap here in DC.) and a couple of various other small things. Its hard to carry all that I need when I'm wearing a skirt b/c I rarely have pockets. Anyway.....www.rangeofemotion.com. Cute, cute bag.

At the farmer's market there was NO garlic to be had. And, really, how can you cook tuna steaks without garlic. So, off we have to go, now to the grocery store and target. I had 3 places to go today. 3 errands. Farmer's Market, Target, and the grocery store. So we rode the Metro up to the Target/Giant (Columbia Heights) Metro stop. Bought the necessaries and went to catch the Metro back to our Metro stop. HOLY COW.

This is the view from the metro seat I was forced to take due to someone else vacating it. We were packed in like sardines (Literally, as you can see!) So there was a vacant seat right behind me and in order to make room, I had to sit and stare at everyone else's ASS. Everyone was heading to the Nat's game. Evidently there is a new pitcher that everyone is very excited.


You cant see it well, but you can see the guy in the blue shirt is smashed against the door to the metro car and that glass (plexiglass) partition. It was packed. Now when we get to our stop we have to try to make our way to the door to get out before the doors close and smash you!


Tuna steaks on the grill were so so good. . This is a view of the terrace on the third floor.
This is an opposite view. For a city view, its really beautiful. And on a side note, please note the time. Its only 9:12 tonight. Not 12:19. =0)






No comments:

Post a Comment