Saturday, July 10, 2010

DC day 18


Today was Saturday! My absolute favorite day of the week. Its Eastern Market day. OH, and don't forget Brunch! I love Brunch. Eating an omelet at 11:30 is one of my favorite things to do. Eating waffles at 11:30 is my second favorite thing to do.

It was also special because it was cloudy/rainy. My favorite kind of weather. Then we found a perfectly good umbrella just sitting by a bench at the Metro stop. How lucky is that!!!

This is a soldier (dare I say seaman?) that is standing at the Naval Archives 24/7. The random artwork that you can stumble upon in this city is remarkable. I will find the Nurse's memorial sometime this week and try to explain how to get to it.



This is the view of the marque where we ate breakfast. We got to listen to the couple sitting at the next table tell his mother how smart they both are,how beautiful, how pampered they are, and how they travel the world. THEN He let his mother PICK UP THE CHECK. They were both beautiful, very self centered people. DC seems to be full of those kind of people. Its a good thing that all the people who live here are so dang smart.

Breakfast was very tasty, though.


Then we were off to the Eastern Market. I took this picture of Purslane. Does anyone know what this is? You can see the amount of money people pay for this stuff. Has anyone every heard of it? Just so you know...This is a weed that grows in my front yard. Had I known I could eat it in a salad, I would have harvested it like I do my basil!

I was standing at the fish counter trying to decide what to buy. I wanted to try something fun and adventurous. This gentleman next to me bought some swordfish chunks. He was very nice to tell me how he was going to prepare it. He was very hesitant to talk to me at first, but once he realized that I wasn't a crazy lady (which evidently DC is full of) he was very helpful. The last thing the gentleman said to me before he walked away was, "Be Bold!" I love that.

I bought some swordfish chunks! We grilled them then put them over a salad. it was very yummy. Who Noo?




No comments:

Post a Comment