Friday, July 30, 2010

DC day 38


I know that I have entitled my DC blog DC in 50 days, but I have had to shorten my trip to 47 days. I have less than 10 days left.

I'm done with my CE's. Whew! I can still be a RN! So since I am done it was OFF TO THE ZOO! So first stop was to Starbucks right across the street. It was such a beautiful day. Words cannot explain how beautiful the day was. Especially since its been so very hot lately. What a great day, in case I didn't make that point. =0)


There are two lion sculptures on either side of the entrance.


So off we went and the pandas were the first things we saw. He was so proud to eat his bamboo for breakfast. He rolled over on his back, propped up on a tree and ate his bamboo.He was so cute.

One of the most exciting things, though, that we saw today was the orangutan's demonstration of tool use. When we first arrived at the orangutans house we noticed that there are these HUGE cables across the walkway that they use to cross from one side of the zoo to the other. They call it the Orange Line. Pretty funny.

The demonstration was how the orangutan's use tools (in this case, sticks) to reach through the cage to pull grapes and popcorn close enough to eat. They also answered questions from the audience. It was so interesting. Who Noo?

Tonight is a stay in night. We have been out every night this week with Randy's boss, Steve. Its been so tiring. You know you're getting old when...... =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment