Sunday, July 11, 2010

DC day 19

Today is Sunday! Laundry day. We also went to the National Geographic Museum. There was an amazing exhibit re: Leonardo De Vinci.



It was really amazing. There was also photos around the outside featuring Joel Sartore. The photos featured endangered species. They were also amazing. This was my first visit to the National Geographic Museum. I know that the Terra Cotta warriors were here the beginning of the year. I did not get to go (well, b/c I wasn't here).

There was a room devoted only to the restoration of the Mona Lisa. I have never studied art, as I was more interested in science. I had no idea that there was so much to study re: the Mona Lisa alone. My only question is Why? Does it really matter if she had eyebrows (which she did) or eyelashes (which she did)? It was very interesting. There was also a room devoted to the painting The Last Supper.

I won't say that I didn't learn something, I did. It was very interesting.





I also ran across this new paper on the way to the National Geographic Museum. The Onion! I thought it was only an on-line magazine. Its a real honest to goodness newspaper.

For dinner, it was buffalo burgers grilled on the patio.

A gentleman came down to use the grill after we done and eating dinner out on the patio. He asked what we were grilling. We told him it was buffalo and he began to tell us about the various types of meat he has eaten in his life. All the way from horse (yes, horse) to guinea pig (YES, a guinea pig). He has never eaten monkey meat but he would draw the line at bear meat. A bear is where he draws his line? Yes, bear meat.

The buffalo meat was good. Sweet potatoes and rounded out by salad.

And, No, I didn't get my laundry done.


No comments:

Post a Comment