Tuesday, July 6, 2010

DC day 14

Today in DC the high was 102. Needless to say, I didn't even leave the building. So, sadly, there are no pictures. Thank goodness there is a gym in the building!

Yesterday we saw another movie at the E street Cinema. The movie was Italian called I Am Love. It was a beautiful movie but sound track was atrocious, horrible, it sucked...I don't think there are enough adjectives to say just how bad the sound track was.

Then we went to dinner at a "mexican" food restaurant called Rosa Mexicana. Again, it was WAY over priced, service sucked and I had the worst Mojito I have every had. The food wasn't bad and this gentleman, who spoke NO english, made guacamole at our table. I love cilantro and he put a lot of cilantro in the guacamole. Yum! The food was good, but I think I may have mentioned it was WAY over priced.

I have made several observations having been in the gynormous city for 14 days now. First, there are a lot of people that live in this area. (I think I've mentioned that) It was a little uncomfortable for me, I will admit, that there were so many freaking people crammed into that space for the fourth of July extravaganza. There were over 500,000 people in that area. What if something serious happened. Where would all those people go?

Another observation is that I am pushed past my comfort zone in that I have to be more "assertive" (bitchy), if I want to get anywhere. People will run all over you if you don't stick your elbows out and stand tough. There are so many people here. I think it would be a treat for me to see DC in the months between September and May. Tourists are stupid. There is a family of, say...,4, hypothetically. They have to walk shoulder-to-shoulder down the sidewalk. They will see you walking toward them and NOT MOVE OVER. So I stick my elbows out and get ready to check them if they don't move the heck over.

Just an observation.

No comments:

Post a Comment