Monday, June 28, 2010

DC (well NJ) Day 6

Today was an EXHAUSTING travel day. We rode in the MOST unbelievably uncomfortable car from DC, through Annapolis, through Delware, and on to Atlantic city.

The ferry ride across the Delaware Bay was, as the Captain called it, Rolling seas. We were sitting on the second level deck and the horizon, sea, and the sky would take turns in the window. It was very, well,very "rolly." I know thats not really a word, but it works in this situation. Maybe that's were the term, my stomach is rolling over, b/c that is what mine was doing. YIKES. But it was beautiful. Before that we crossed at gynormous (again, I know that's not a word, but it works in this situation) bridge that spanned the Chesapeake bay. Cost us $2.50 just to drive across it. It was HUGE. Very impressive.

Then we made it across to New Jersey. Drove for another 45 miles (another 50 hours, or so it felt) and finally made it to Egg Harbor. Yes, folks, Egg harbor. (Seriously, who comes up with these names. I guess that is what happens when there are way too many towns in one state and you just start pulling names out of your ass! Kinda like Texas! Or exactly like Texas.)

When we got to our hotel room I was blown away. OHMYGOSH, is it beautiful. When I opened the door I saw a kitchen to my right and a dining room table (that seats 8) on the left. One bedroom on the left with a full bath and the master suite on the right. Complete with a Jacuzzi tub. SO excited to try that. Then to top it all off, a screened in porch! Complete with its own ash tray. (ok, I won't be using that .....but the porch really is COOL!)

Then on to a great dinner w/ Randy's boss and his wife. They have a beautiful house (complete with basement, which I have always wanted.)

Its now 11:30 and Randy has to get up and go to work in the morning. Me, not so much, but he is waiting for me so I had better go.

I will just end by saying, NJ is not at all what I expected it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment