Saturday, June 26, 2010

DC day 4

What a great day!!

I got my shoes today! woo hoo!! I had pretty much given up on them and had prepared myself to have to arm wrestle with the USPS. But they came through! whew!

I found out that I was accepted to NMSU's NP program. I start in the fall. I have to get a background check (NP!) How much will I have to pay for that? Whatever.....doesn't matter. I'm on my way to becoming a Nurse Practitioner. Yay!!!

Randy and I started the day with the Eastern Market. I LOVE the Eastern Market. Farmer's Market only 4 Metro stops away. Randy bought me an Amber necklace. The artist is www.moya-gallery.com. She is from Poland and has some really beautiful pieces at the market. Very talented.

Then I finally got my right of passage to become a true resident of DC. I got my own backpack. Now I can go grocery (or Target, for that matter) shopping, won't have to use any plastic bags. The groceries go right into the backpack, you bring it home and boom, you have done your part for the environment.

At the Eastern market we bought some gorgeous lamb chops among $100 dollars worth of honey/veggies/ pork/red snapper as well. We cooked the lamb chops tonight with fennel/onion/cilantro (all bought at the market) and OMG were they breathtaking. Randy and I make such a great cooking team. Lamb chops, asparagus, and corn on the cob were all so wonderful I didn't want to run out of food. We sat on the patio outside. 2 grills and only one man with his dog to share it with. Chloe. A yellow lab who was, if possible, even more wacky than Jacky. Made me miss my sweet, football killer. Chloe let me throw her ball a couple of times. Her guy told us that there is a Whole Foods somewhere close. Now I'm on a mission to find a close Whole Foods. Thanks, Chloe's dad.

What a great day. Riding the Metro, shopping in the best Farmer's Market EVER, getting my own DC backpack. Then to top it all off, I got my shoes and bike helmet and Mariners hat. Accepted to the NP program. AND an Amber necklace ! Breathtaking Dinner with the man who loves me more than anyone in the world!

Sweet dreams everyone. DC is turning out to be so much fun and a great adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment