Thursday, June 24, 2010

DC day 2


Today was a very busy day. As you can see, I'm posting at 12:30 at night.

I received the box of clothes that I had sent before I left home. Sadly, my box of shoes has not yet arrived and I sent them on the same day. I'm starting to get worried about my shoes!

After I got all of my clothes put away, I decided to go the the National Portrait Gallery. I made a huge mistake when I went in. I accidently turned to the left instead of the right. I saw the crappiest "art" I have seen in a while. I was very disappointed and was ready to leave. Where were the amazing portraits I had heard so many wonderful things about? I decided that I would just see what was to the right of the entrance. OH!!! That's where the portraits are! They were wonderful! Here is a portrait of Edgar Allen Poe. Just one example of the amazing portraits.

There is a farmer's market every Thursday that sets up right on 8th street. Right in front of the apartment! It was CRAZY hot (heat index of 102) and my $40 dollars was gone so fast. I bought some fennel, tomatoes, carrots, BASIL, bread and some cheese.

Then we met Randy's boss, Steve, at GB's and talked and talked and talked. Had a great time! People watching is so much fun!

We stayed out way too late and I am so tired. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment