Saturday, August 7, 2010

Last day in DC Day 46



Today was boating to National Harbor. It was probably one of the best days I've had since I was here. Shirley Gillen (I reconnected with on Facebook {Thank you FB}) and her husband Greg, took us boating today. It was so much fun. We went to the National Harbor and ate lunch. Lunch was at Elevation Burger. SO much better than 5 guys. And there is a Peeps store. Yes, an entire store dedicated to Peeps.

The water was so fantastic. Today was a a very compelling reason to be close to water. I had forgotten how much I missed being close to it, smelling in, hearing it.


The Lincoln Memorial from the Potomac. The Kennedy Center and the Watergate Hotel view from the Potomac.

Can you see the Washington Monument way back there on the right side of the photo???

So we arrived at the National Harbor. I was overwhelmed by the boats that were moored at the harbor. OHMYGOSH! Where do people make all their money? There is so much money in this town. There were several boats just like this one docked.




This boat was so big, I couldn't even fit it in the entire frame of the camera. HOLY COW!!!

This is Alexandria. 6 story homes. And they come with their own slip for your yacht!!! What a deal!

Now on to the peeps store. You can see that these peeps make GREAT art on your wall. And up side is this....Peeps, like Twinkies, will survive an armageddon. On the left of the picture, almost out of the frame, is an art sculpture full of Peep bunnies!



This is Shirley and Me. One of my favorite sculptures was recently moved to the National Harbor. It looks like a giant coming out of the sand. Google it.....its so very cool!!!


This is the view of the National Harbor. It was a beautiful day. Thanks, again, Shirley and Greg.

Sadly, this will be my last blog. I have really enjoyed chronicling my trip. I leave tomorrow for home. Thanks to everyone who has read and given me feedback. Goodbye DC. =0( Hello home, work, and school!


No comments:

Post a Comment